I'm 33, planning a wedding, caring for five senior rescue dogs, looking for gainful employment, and trying to live (more) sustainably. These are my adventures.

Monday, March 18, 2013

I've been slacking.

Surprise, surprise.

But these past three point five weeks have been a shitshow of stupid with little snippets of awesome mixed in.

Moose has been off teaching a training for work, so I've been home over three weeks alone with the pugs, planning a wedding, interviewing for jobs, all while waiting for the grad school decision to come in.  It doesn't sound like much, but let me tell you-- it is.

On the job front, looking for a job is a full time position in and of itself.  Between applying for just about everything I can, reaching out to make phone calls to recruiters, and trying to connect anywhere and everywhere, it's easily a few hours a day.  If only I could get paid to do this, which, if I were actually eligible for unemployment, I guess would be "payment" for that, but you know...

The pugs and Annie are good.  Fairly low-maintenance.  They've started to act out a bit, especially around meal time, and will go through a stint of peeing on Moose's luggage if he comes home for the weekend.  I know they're just missing him as much as I am, but I've steam cleaned the rugs four times over the past few weeks and have lost count over how many times I've had to drag out the spot cleaner.  Luckily the weather has been nice enough that I can prop the door open and let them all hang out in the back yard if they want to go out, which has been a godsend.

On the wedding front, things are falling into place.  We've finally narrowed down an officiant and are really excited about that.  All that's really left is transport between our hotel and the Codman, floral, cake, mailing the invites (they should be here any day now!) and figuring out things like menu, song list, alcohol list, and the photos we want taken of the wedding day.  Not too shabby.

AND (which will be a follow-up post in and of itself) our honeymoon is set!  But more on that later.

So yeah, that sounds like just about everything that's going on in the world here.  We've finished the PSA AR build, so Daphne will be starting up any day now-- HOORAY!  That's another positive.

Now on to the other updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment