I'm 33, planning a wedding, caring for five senior rescue dogs, looking for gainful employment, and trying to live (more) sustainably. These are my adventures.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Building a what?!

A Noveske N4. No big.

Trust me, I'm not entirely sure what I'm thinking either, aside from potentially learning more about how the AR15 platform operates. I know how it fires fairly well, and can fire one fairly well... But field strip? Not so much.

Moose has been on a build kick of late, where he'll buy either a stripped or full lower receiver and make it to his own specs. When he ordered a stripped N4 lower from Gunbroker.com that was listed as non-Chainsaw quality, but it showed up with the Chainsaw logo, the shop owner made things right by providing the opportunity for him to buy what he originally wanted at the Chainsaw price. So confusing trail of events aside, we now have two stripped N4 lowers in our hands instead of one.

Naturally, I had the great idea of building one alongside Moose. To my surprise, he thought it was a great idea.

Since Noveske's Chainsaw offerings are basically just aesthetically blemished but otherwise perfect guns, I figured I'd take that for my first build. I mean, there's no sense in potentially scratching an otherwise beautiful and new firearm before the thing makes it out to the range. And for what it's worth, aside from maybe two small, barely noticeable scratches, I can't see the damn blemishes. The Chainsaw line is also apparently covered under full warranty.

Now I'm at the hard part: figuring out what I want to put on my gun. I'm thinking of naming her Daphne-- a google search (don't ask about the parameters) came up with a deaf woman who had murdered her lesbian lover with a chainsaw. Guess what her name was? Yep... Escandalo! So given the coincidences, it seems fitting. But aside from that? I need to pick out a stock, upper, grips, rails, barrel, sights, buffer tube, trigger.... The list goes on.

So, as I get further down the line with production, I'll post updates. For now, I'll leave you with Daphne's "baby picture".

No comments:

Post a Comment